The race will begin at the Wheatley Heights Sports Complex and continue on the peaceful Salado Creek Greenway which offers stunning views of Salado Creek, surrounded by towering bottomland hardwood trees and natural, flowing springs that run to the creek.
The trail is scenic
With running slopes over 5 percent in two locations and will be guaranteed to please even the most seasoned runner. This will be a wonderful new race experience and a great way to start the new year.
As always, Carrera Races promises a well-organized event, a professionally-marked course, and our signature Foodie Event after the race. Don’t miss out on this run - sign up today!
Date: Sunday, Jan 5, 2014
Start/Finish: Wheatley Heights Sports Complex
Course: Salado Creek Greenway
- Option to train with CarreraThon Runners
- Custom performance long-sleeve Tech Shirt in your choice of Women's or Men's Cut*
- Handsome custom Finisher Medal*
- Personalized bib (you must register before Dec 10, 2013 for your personalized bib)*
- On-course water & electrolytes
- Post-race refreshments & food
- Professionally marked course and timing by IAAP
- Online access to results
* Participants must attend Packet Pick-up on Saturday, Jan 4 to receive their race packet, bib, and tech shirt. Finisher medals will be distributed to finishers during the race.
The Athlete's Foot - Saturday, January 4 from 11am - 2pm
923 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78232
NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners (all races) will receive prize awards.
ALL Runners (Half/10K/5K) receive a handsome custom & commemorative Finisher's Medal.
Divisions: Under 16, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+; Top placement & Masters; Men’s & Women’s
//Race Weather & Climate
Beautiful San Antonio is nestled in the hill country of southern Texas, just over 80 miles southwest of Austin and roughly 200 miles west of Houston. San Antonio will normally enjoy cooler conditions in the winter and seldom poor conditions for running. In January, temperatures average between 41°F and 63°F, while the average rainfall is 1.76 inches for the month.Register Now